Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Innaugural Post! Get to know me if you don't already...

Hello there!  What better way to start off a new blog than an "All About Me" survey??  Those who know me know that I'm addicted to surveys.  Don't know what it is about 'em, but I can't get enough.  So when I stumbled across this one on the blog of my good friend's hilarious cousin, I got excited about it in a nerdy way.  Thanks for letting me steal your survey, Calli!
A. Age31.  I had to do some math on that one.  I never thought it would be possible to forget how old you are, but I guess it is.
B. Bed size – King.  I need my space.  And so does Oscar.
C. Chore that you hate – Folding and putting away laundry.  With the burning passion of 1000 suns.  I'd rather clean my bathroom every day than fold laundry.  But please don't tell Chad I said that or he might expect me to clean the bathroom every day.  And we all know that isn't going to happen.
D. Dogs – I love dogs more than people.  We have three dogs: Oscar, a 10-year-old pit bull, who is a total pansy.  Hates wet grass and sleeps under the covers at night.  Sonny is a 9-year-old maltese/poodle mix (Chad won't use the word Maltipoo...).  Sonny thinks he runs the house, and a lot of the time, he does.  He usually looks like a homeless dog, but we actually took him to the groomer the other day, so he is currently presentable.  And then there's Frank, a 7-year-old disaster bloodhound.  Frank is a hairy, slobbery beast.  He has the softest fur, but almost no one knows that because no one wants to touch him.  Poor guy.  He has the sweetest temperament of the three, but he's so messy that it makes it hard to appreciate his winning personality.  He is also dumber than a box of rocks.  He once ran smack into a light pole while he was running with Chad.  True story.
Sonny is in the middle there,
but he blends in with the snow...
E. Essential start to your day – Brushing my teeth.  Many things can get skipped in the morning, but not that.  Coffee is a nice bonus, but it doesn't always happen.
F. Favorite color – Green
G. Gold or silver – Silver.  Sometimes I put on gold jewelry when I'm going to see Kara, so I can pretend to be as trendy as she is...
H. Height – 5'4".  Most people think I'm taller than that.  Turns out I'm not.
I. Instruments you play – I used to play the violin (not very well), and I can still knock out a mean "Old Mac Donald" on the piano...
J. Job title – Office Manager 
K. Kids – 1 daughter - Maya.  She's 2 years old, super adorable, ridiculously intelligent, hilarious, creative, and fun. 
She loves broccoli in an angry way...
L. Live – Noblesville, IN. 
M. Mother’s name – JOYCE!  She's the greatest.
N. Nicknames – Oh boy... Molls, Me-molls, Mo-Dub, Swan/Swanner/Swanny, Gail, Turkey... I answer to a lot of names.
O. Overnight hospital stays – Just when I'm birthing humans...
Thank you, drugs... :)
 P. Pet peeves – Flaky people, slow drivers, people who don't keep their dogs contained in their yards, people who refuse to take responsibility for their own life and success
Q. Quote from a movie –  "Stop looking at me, Swan!" 
R. Right or left handed – Righty
S. Siblings – 1 sister by blood (Carrie), 1 sister by marriage (Kara), 1 brother by marriage to my sister (Bob), and another brother by marriage to my sister by marriage (Dan).  And a partridge in a pear tree.

Me and Carrie :)
Me and Kara :)
T. Time it takes you to get ready – Well, if I only had to get MYSELF ready, I'd say about 45 minutes.  When you add a toddler to the mix, I'd say about an hour and a half...
U. Underwear – Yes.  Always.
V. Vegetable you hate – Green peppers.  Especially when cooked.
W. What makes you run late – See: "T. Time it takes you to get ready"
X. X-rays you’ve had – Teeth.
Y. Yummy food you make – Pretty much everything I make is yummy...Except for the homemade gnocchi that one time...
mmmmmmm...
MMMMMMMMM!
Z. Zoo animal -  Otters.  I like all cold-weather aquatic animals, but otters are the best.  Especially baby otters.

Well, there ya go!  Hope you learned something :)

2 comments:

  1. Even I learned something! Didn't know you loved otters so much but we have the cold weather aquatic animal loving in common... mine? Penguins! Love those little boogers.

    ReplyDelete