Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I made these!! (Plus a bonus Maya video)...

So... it's no secret that I am NOT a very crafty person.  In the kitchen, I'm cool as a cucumber.  But get me around glue guns, felt, fabric, or (gulp...) sewing machines, and I am WAY out of my element.  I am amazed every day by the creativity I see on other people's blogs (thank you, Pinterest, for helping me realize the depths of my creative void).  My good friend Jena is doing her best to ease me into the world of crafts (baby-steps... and some hand-holding at Joann's)...  So when I recently had the opportunity to wander over to a friend's house to learn how to make crafty zipper pouches, I jumped at it.  I'm not even going to pretend to try to tell you how I did this.  I'm just going to send you over to Anissa's blog, and you can learn from her, seeing as she is the master...


Here are the results of my effort (with a significant amount of help from Anissa and Emily)...

Don't mind the coffee cup and pipe cleaner jingle bell bracelet...
I was so amazed by my new-found craftiness that I didn't think
to spend the time taking a good picture... I just slapped those babies
on the kitchen counter and started snapping away with my phone.
That's right, folks... it's a different color on the inside!  I was originally
going to use these as Christmas gifts, but I liked this one so much, I kept it.
Eat your heart out, Thirty-One :)





Just for kicks, here is a bonus video of Maya singing her ABCs
(and conducting... she has seen too many episodes of Little Einsteins)



1 comment: